Magento 2.2.5 Version for Better Security Features and Bug Fixes
There has been the latest release of Magento Commerce 2.2.5 and Magento Open source 2.2.5. Owing to the universal law of renewal, this was perceived as an integral part of progress by the industry experts. There were several improvements that were done, bugs were fixed and its importance was revealed for upgrading your webstore to its latest Magento 2.2.5 version. To stay protected from certain vulnerabilities from the access of customer information or administration issues, it is recommended to upgrade the Magento software to this latest version on the priority basis.
Highlights of Magento Commerce 2.2.5
Magento 2.2.5 developers have been singing praises about this new version since it made an entry into the IT foray. Here are its key points:
- Comprises of more than 150 community contributions.
- Improvements aiding in close stored XSS, SQL injection, and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities.
- Enhancements penetrating our core bundled extensions.
- Considerable improvements bought to the indexing performance.
Highlights of Magento Open Source 2.2.5
- 150+ community contributions.
- The improvements in core bundled extensions include Magento shipping.
- Bigger enhancements to indexing performance.
- Improvements that leads to close the remote code execution, cross-site scripting, and cross-site request forgery issues.
Bug Fixes of Magento 2.2.5 security
- Possible to erase an option existent in a product bundle.
- Denies permission to re-run an already running cron job.
- Well-defined catalog rules on the products that are sorted by pricing.
- The right application of the coupon codes that do not include bundled products.
- Enhanced functionality of product sorting with much-needed custom options by price.
- Single product units get better tier price working.
- Product updates along with locale date format: DD/MM/YYYY
- Right display of the product image required to be configured on the wishlist.
- Improved the least PHP version to 7.0.13
- Data check gets completed as desired on imported customer information.
- Drastic enhancement in layered navigation, indexing, search for complex sites with multiple store views and shared catalogs due to Multi-threaded search indexer.
- Minor issues concerning Vertex, Amazon Pay, and dotmailer are handled smoothly.
- Once the order gets canceled, the customers can now create Vertex invoice refund.
- The checkout page shows both the prices, i.e. included and excluded tax prices.
- This version is equipped to catch the popular search results leading to faster response time on trending searches.
- The option of ‘Out-of-stock’ would not be visible in search and layered navigation results.
- Proper filtration of recent orders by the e-store on customers’ account page.
- Accurate retrieval of PayPal, Payflow Pro credentials.
Related Posts :
- Why Switch on to Magento 2 Upgrade Services?
- How to Update Your Store with Magento 2 Latest Version?
Benefits of Magento 2.2.5 version to the Merchants
Merchants now have the benefit of choosing the carriers for the purpose of returns and generate a return label along with the forward fulfillment. It also became convenient processing the larger volumes of shipments in divided batches. From the customers’ perspective, they now have the chance to assign a drop point rather than giving a proper residence address for delivery by the courier person. Some minor enhancements like pagination for better admin experience and multi-version API is also a part of Magento shipping release.
Enhancements of Core code
Merchants can now avail the benefit of running the catalog search full-text indexer and category product indexer both in the parallel mode in a proper store view. This refactoring has a positive effect on catalog full-text indexer leading to improvised indexing performance up to 15 percent. Improvement in the behavior of the swatch product features brings about an enhancement of the search page results up to whopping 31%.
For users, Magento 2.2.5 version has brought several benefits. They can now generate an account from the order confirmation page. It would be extremely helpful in the conversion of website visitors to real customers. Coupon codes that were earlier excluded from using the bundle products, can now be applied in a right manner. Community contributions would be more efficient to deal with the simple sorting of the products. Magento now considers catalog promo price rules that are configured by the web store owners.
Magento Commerce 2.2.5 and Magento Open source 2.2.5, the company can now initiate quarterly release cycles even for the minor releases. These quarterly releases are expected to have bug fixes, security upgrading, beginning of novel bundled extensions and community code contributions. Simultaneously the quarterly patch releases do not bring forth backward-incompatible changes, underlying major components changes, and architectural changes. The merchants are advised to upgrade to the newer Magento 2.2.5 version that comes with loads of bug fixes and security features. At MagentoGuys, you can avail full stack services by Magento 2.2.5 developers and enjoy a faster and convenient functioning of the website.